Monday, April 9, 2012

Holiday Cooking

I just completed my first wheat-free holiday menu.  Everyone seemed quite pleased with the food.  There was quite a bit of it and a great variety.  Most everything was also low-carb.  I wanted to be able to eat what I was making.  So with the exception of the baked potatoes, I was able to enjoy everything in small amounts.

Here's what I made:

Appetizers:
  
Cucumbers, carrots, celery sticks
Simply Kraft onion dip (the only one I could find without added wheat) 
Rolled prosciutto and mozzarella slices 
Corn tortilla chips for dipping 
Salsa 
Bubbling hot buffalo chicken dip



Dinner:


Ham
Turkey breast
Mashed cauliflower
Leaf lettuce, spinach, and cherry tomato salad
Pineapple
Baked potatoes (with toppings to choose - butter, sour cream, chives, scallions, bleu cheese crumbles, cheddar, bacon)


Dessert:


Mini sugar-free cheesecakes with almond crust


So I'm happy to report that no one starved.  Happy Easter and Passover to you!

2 comments:

  1. I saw your son's post on the Wheatbelly facebook page and had to come see your blog. Congratulations! You have done so well. Your blog is such an encouragement to those who need to start the same healthy journey. Many blessings! Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is he posting again? lol

      Thanks so much, Pat. My good news for the day is that I had to go buy new pants because my old jeans were literally falling off me. When I got to the store, I found that I had gone down FOUR pant sizes! No wonder I couldn't keep the old ones up!

      Delete