Monday, March 26, 2012

Reversal of symptoms

Other than the reversal of blood sugar numbers and losing weight and inches, I have been experiencing the reversal and cessation of many other symptoms:

Heartburn.  I have been living on TUMS for years.   The acid reflux affected me most while I was working.  I have a large bottle of TUMS on my desk.  I haven't even looked at that bottle in over seven weeks.

Eyesight.  A couple of months ago I had to go to my optometrist because I was having difficulty seeing mid-range writing, which was especially problematic in reading the computer screen,  too far without glasses and too blurry with distance glasses, but not needing regular reading glasses.  So I got another pair of glasses just for computer use.   Since getting my blood sugar down, my eyesight is improving.


Thirst.  I was always thirsty.  I could down four or five unsweetened iced teas at lunch.  That thirst has completely abated.  One glass of water, seltzer, or iced tea is all I need.


Feet.  My lack of feeling in my feet (called diabetic neuropathy) is clearing.  I can now feel my feet.  Before getting my blood sugar down, if I stubbed my toe, I hardly felt it.


Cramping.  I was having charley horses in my calves and feet while sleeping.  I was also having a "restless leg" sensation, which sort of feels like the cat is sleeping on your legs.  These symptoms haven't occurred in over seven weeks.


Yeast Infections.  This was the symptom that started the ball rolling in getting my blood sugar tested initially.  I had never had yeast infections in my entire life and all of a sudden I was having repeated infections.  This has not reoccurred in the last seven weeks!


Inflammation.  I have been experiencing painful arthritis in my fingers and carpal tunnel in my wrists for several years.  This has greatly improved.  I am running up and down the stairs in my three-story home without becoming winded and without knee pain.
 

So in addition to the improvement in all of the above conditions, I am feeling more energetic and focused. 

5 comments: